• Do BackMeUp cover cancellations with flights due to illness for example?

I already have insurance with BMU. I had to miss some flights a couple of weeks ago due to illness which I'm unable to get refunded for. I currently have the x3 stuff insurance.

Also what would the case be should I need to claim more than 3 times in a year?
  • I already have insurance with BMU. I had to miss some flights a couple of weeks ago due to illness which I'm unable to get refunded for. I currently have the x3 stuff insurance.

Also what would the case be should I need to claim more than 3 times in a year?

• @a23456 Hi! Thanks for your questions! About your flights, it's best to call the claims team and they'll advise you directly - I'll inbox you with that.
    With regards to the number of claims you can make with Stuff x 3, I'll quote the policy for the benefit of anyone reading as it makes it clear: ‘If we have paid 3 claims within 12 months under My Stuff, we will assess whether we can continue to accept the risk of covering you. We will not continue your cover if the circumstances of the claims indicate that you are not taking reasonable care of your possessions or of your own safety. If we do decide to end your cover for this reason we will give you at least 14 days’ notice.’ Hope that helps! Woodie, BMU team
  • @a23456 Hi! Thanks for your questions! About your flights, it's best to call the claims team and they'll advise you directly - I'll inbox you with that.
    With regards to the number of claims you can make with Stuff x 3, I'll quote the policy for the benefit of anyone reading as it makes it clear: ‘If we have paid 3 claims within 12 months under My Stuff, we will assess whether we can continue to accept the risk of covering you. We will not continue your cover if the circumstances of the claims indicate that you are not taking reasonable care of your possessions or of your own safety. If we do decide to end your cover for this reason we will give you at least 14 days’ notice.’ Hope that helps! Woodie, BMU team