• Painted Model: Malign Portents

I've not shared much news on the models I've been working on recently! With running the club and such things, I've found myself without a lot of time lately!

In the world of Warhammer, there has been a recent event featuring a number of special characters reading the 'Malign Portents' signs that could lead you and your armies to great power and reward or death and loss.
    In this universe, my army is made up of Sylvaneth- in this world they are tree-people, comparable to Ents from Middle-Earth in some ways or put simply, spirits that live in and embody the forests of the Mortal Realms.

Unable to read the signs themselves, my army turned to an unnamed man who promised them power through his readings. There are a few clues on the model to suggest he isn't entirely who they think he is (if you're into your Warhammer lore, check his bell!) I like to compare the relationship of the Bell-Toller and the Sylvaneth to Sauron and the Numenoreans.

Anyway, enough blabber- here's my model who actually got featured on the official Facebook page last week.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1524398983689.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	817
  • I've not shared much news on the models I've been working on recently! With running the club and such things, I've found myself without a lot of time lately!

In the world of Warhammer, there has been a recent event featuring a number of special characters reading the 'Malign Portents' signs that could lead you and your armies to great power and reward or death and loss.
    In this universe, my army is made up of Sylvaneth- in this world they are tree-people, comparable to Ents from Middle-Earth in some ways or put simply, spirits that live in and embody the forests of the Mortal Realms.

Unable to read the signs themselves, my army turned to an unnamed man who promised them power through his readings. There are a few clues on the model to suggest he isn't entirely who they think he is (if you're into your Warhammer lore, check his bell!) I like to compare the relationship of the Bell-Toller and the Sylvaneth to Sauron and the Numenoreans.

Anyway, enough blabber- here's my model who actually got featured on the official Facebook page last week.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1524398983689.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	817
  • Great to hear from you @smileyharry - glad you found some time to spend some time with these guys
  • Great to hear from you @smileyharry - glad you found some time to spend some time with these guys