• Older Laptop Claim - Will you deduct wear and tear

I am looking to insure my Macbook Air 13 inch A1466 model which I bought during summer 2016.

I am pretty sure I have receipts or at least the box that I bought this with.
    I am taking it backpacking on my year abroad and wanted to check it would be covered here to start with - it would always be carried on my hand luggage or locked in a hostel locker (is this deemed as a safe place?)

I also wondered, if unfortunately it was to be stolen, how would this be replaced due to the model no longer available - there is a newer model to replace it. Would I get a new laptop or would they deduct a percentage for it being an older model like many other insurance companies?

(I have found many travel insurance only offer you 50% of value bought when over 12 months old!)

Thank you!
  • I am looking to insure my Macbook Air 13 inch A1466 model which I bought during summer 2016.

I am pretty sure I have receipts or at least the box that I bought this with.
    I am taking it backpacking on my year abroad and wanted to check it would be covered here to start with - it would always be carried on my hand luggage or locked in a hostel locker (is this deemed as a safe place?)

I also wondered, if unfortunately it was to be stolen, how would this be replaced due to the model no longer available - there is a newer model to replace it. Would I get a new laptop or would they deduct a percentage for it being an older model like many other insurance companies?

(I have found many travel insurance only offer you 50% of value bought when over 12 months old!)

Thank you!

• Hi @LROBE165, thanks for your questions, I've passed them on to the team who can help so we'll get back to you asap! Woodie
  • Hi @LROBE165, thanks for your questions, I've passed them on to the team who can help so we'll get back to you asap! Woodie

• Hi @LROBE165, yes your laptop is covered for your trip as BMU covers items anywhere in the world! In the unfortunate event of having it stolen we'd replace with the nearest equivalent with regards to its specification if that model is not available. We don't deduct for wear and tear. Hope that helps put your mind at rest
  • Hi @LROBE165, yes your laptop is covered for your trip as BMU covers items anywhere in the world! In the unfortunate event of having it stolen we'd replace with the nearest equivalent with regards to its specification if that model is not available. We don't deduct for wear and tear. Hope that helps put your mind at rest