• Need quick phone repair!

Hi all,

First experience making a claim on insurance.

I am in the process of making a claim on an accidentally damaged phone (screen cracked and back glass smashed). However I am leaving the country with work very soon and I really would like the repair to be done asap. I have identified a local shop who can do a next day repair, but I would need to take it in tomorrow. If I do so, pay for the repair myself, and request a report from the phone shop stating that it is "beyond economical repair" and outlining the cost of repairs, can I send that along with photos, proof of ownership etc. and hopefully receive the money back (less the excess) after it has been repaired? Will this affect the likelihood of my claim being accepted or anything?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi all,

First experience making a claim on insurance.

I am in the process of making a claim on an accidentally damaged phone (screen cracked and back glass smashed). However I am leaving the country with work very soon and I really would like the repair to be done asap. I have identified a local shop who can do a next day repair, but I would need to take it in tomorrow. If I do so, pay for the repair myself, and request a report from the phone shop stating that it is "beyond economical repair" and outlining the cost of repairs, can I send that along with photos, proof of ownership etc. and hopefully receive the money back (less the excess) after it has been repaired? Will this affect the likelihood of my claim being accepted or anything?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi @dan.glover27,

You will need to contact the claims team who will be able to discuss this with you. Their phone number can be found in your dashboard.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @dan.glover27,

You will need to contact the claims team who will be able to discuss this with you. Their phone number can be found in your dashboard.

Thanks,
    Dani