• Could I still be covered ?

Hi BMU team & BMU members

I cracked the screen on my phone yesterday evening.

In November 2017 I switched the cover from my DJI Spark to my Samsung Note 8 phone.

The phone had just been unpacked, I took a picture of the Box and phone. Phone was face down showing the IMEI sticker on the back + matching sticker on the box.

While uploading the 1st picture I saw the requirement to show the IMEI on the phone screen.

I later took another picture of the screen showing the IMEI but the silly thing is I never got around to uploading the photo from my cameras memory card to BMU.

It is clear that the photo was taken before the damage happened.

Can I still be covered for the damage which occurred yesterday ?

Thanks
    Gurj
    Best answers below
    Last edited by gurj001; 20-03-2018 at 03:09 PM.
  • Hi BMU team & BMU members

I cracked the screen on my phone yesterday evening.

In November 2017 I switched the cover from my DJI Spark to my Samsung Note 8 phone.

The phone had just been unpacked, I took a picture of the Box and phone. Phone was face down showing the IMEI sticker on the back + matching sticker on the box.

While uploading the 1st picture I saw the requirement to show the IMEI on the phone screen.

I later took another picture of the screen showing the IMEI but the silly thing is I never got around to uploading the photo from my cameras memory card to BMU.

It is clear that the photo was taken before the damage happened.

Can I still be covered for the damage which occurred yesterday ?

Thanks
    Gurj
    Best answers below

• Best Answer

I had a chat with the claim line. The cover only starts after the picture of the phone screen with IMEI is uploaded.

I do have the picture of the intact Screen+IMEI (no question that its my phone in the picture), but it was uploaded to BMU after the screen broke.

I hope no one else makes the same mistake.
    Last edited by gurj001; 20-03-2018 at 06:36 PM.
  • I had a chat with the claim line. The cover only starts after the picture of the phone screen with IMEI is uploaded.

I do have the picture of the intact Screen+IMEI (no question that its my phone in the picture), but it was uploaded to BMU after the screen broke.

I hope no one else makes the same mistake.

• Hi gurj001,

Thanks for your question, however the best thing to do at this point would be to contact the claims team (details can be found in your dashboard) who will be able to help you with your question.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi gurj001,

Thanks for your question, however the best thing to do at this point would be to contact the claims team (details can be found in your dashboard) who will be able to help you with your question.

Thanks,
    Dani

• Hi @gurj100, glad the claims team were able to clear that up for you!

Sorry to hear you hadn't uploaded the photo beforehand, but yeah just ensure that in future pictures are uploaded straight away!

Thanks
    Dani
  • Hi @gurj100, glad the claims team were able to clear that up for you!

Sorry to hear you hadn't uploaded the photo beforehand, but yeah just ensure that in future pictures are uploaded straight away!

Thanks
    Dani