• Items without proof of purchase?

Hi all,

I just joined BMU and was wondering what the policy regarding items without proof of purchase is?
    Is photographic evidence classified for this? Or does making a claim on said item require a receipt etc?

I have a pair of RayBans I got last Christmas that I wanted to insure. I can easily take a picture of the sunglasses and even the casing and box it came in. But my parents will probably struggle to find a receipt. Is it necessary if have the photos uploaded?

Thanks so much.

Kind Regards, Ryan.
  • Hi all,

I just joined BMU and was wondering what the policy regarding items without proof of purchase is?
    Is photographic evidence classified for this? Or does making a claim on said item require a receipt etc?

I have a pair of RayBans I got last Christmas that I wanted to insure. I can easily take a picture of the sunglasses and even the casing and box it came in. But my parents will probably struggle to find a receipt. Is it necessary if have the photos uploaded?

Thanks so much.

Kind Regards, Ryan.

• Hi @ryankershaw,

We are currently looking into your query and will come back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Mark, BMU
    ryankershawryankershaw
  • Hi @ryankershaw,

We are currently looking into your query and will come back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Mark, BMU
    ryankershawryankershaw

• Hi @ryankershaw,

We understand that not everyone has the receipt for each and every item that they want to insure with us.

Photographs of the case, box and glasses themselves would be fine as proof of ownership.

If you need to make a claim, other details may be asked to confirm ownership, but the claims team would talk you through this at the point of reporting the claim.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mark, BMU
  • Hi @ryankershaw,

We understand that not everyone has the receipt for each and every item that they want to insure with us.

Photographs of the case, box and glasses themselves would be fine as proof of ownership.

If you need to make a claim, other details may be asked to confirm ownership, but the claims team would talk you through this at the point of reporting the claim.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mark, BMU