• Can anyone help with a few questions before I sign up

Hi there,

Is anyone able to help with a few q's I have before I sign up for gadget insurance pls?

I am a UK resident currently freelancing from Sydney. I want to insure my MacBook Pro and iPhone, and since I'm going to Bali tomorrow and New Zealand in April I need worldwide cover, which I think back me up provides as standard. Please correct me if I'm wrong...Also:

1. If I cover two items to the value of £2k, can that be spread as follows if I have to claim?:
    - Macbook pro £1750
    - iphone £250

2. Both the MacBook Pro and the iPhone are certified apple refurbished products - does this policy cover refurbs?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
    Lucy
  • Hi there,

Is anyone able to help with a few q's I have before I sign up for gadget insurance pls?

I am a UK resident currently freelancing from Sydney. I want to insure my MacBook Pro and iPhone, and since I'm going to Bali tomorrow and New Zealand in April I need worldwide cover, which I think back me up provides as standard. Please correct me if I'm wrong...Also:

1. If I cover two items to the value of £2k, can that be spread as follows if I have to claim?:
    - Macbook pro £1750
    - iphone £250

2. Both the MacBook Pro and the iPhone are certified apple refurbished products - does this policy cover refurbs?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
    Lucy

• Hi Lucy,

To purchase a policy you need to be in the UK. But for future reference:

1) With the fully flex cover x2 you can insure 2 items up to the value of £2,000 per claim. So yes you would be fine as long as you don't exceed the claim limit.
    2) BMU covers second hand and refurbished items. We don't need supplier's details, but proof of purchase may be required at point of claim.

Thanks, BMU
  • Hi Lucy,

To purchase a policy you need to be in the UK. But for future reference:

1) With the fully flex cover x2 you can insure 2 items up to the value of £2,000 per claim. So yes you would be fine as long as you don't exceed the claim limit.
    2) BMU covers second hand and refurbished items. We don't need supplier's details, but proof of purchase may be required at point of claim.

Thanks, BMU