• Travel Insurance: Bought my plane ticket yesterday but your wording says cant cover?

Hi I am reading this in your policy wording re. travel insurance:
    '
    You took out your Back Me Up subscription less than 14 days before going on a tripWe won’t cover you if you took out your Back Me Up subscription less than 14 daysbefore going on a previously booked trip. However, we will cover you if you bookedthe trip at the same time as you took out the Back Me Up subscription.For example, let’s say that someone had booked a trip a few months in advance andthen heard that there wasn’t enough snow to go skiing at their chosen resort. Theycouldn’t take out your Back Me Up subscription a week before the trip and make avalid claim for the disruption.'

Now I was thinking to renew my backmeup - it defaulted last month hence was auto cancelled; so have to get a new account but im confused why you wont cover me re. travel insurance; its not that im buying travel insurance now as i think its going to snow or something in abroad; its only because i bought my ticket last minute yesterday? Can you clarify this... pls?
  • Hi I am reading this in your policy wording re. travel insurance:
    '
    You took out your Back Me Up subscription less than 14 days before going on a tripWe won’t cover you if you took out your Back Me Up subscription less than 14 daysbefore going on a previously booked trip. However, we will cover you if you bookedthe trip at the same time as you took out the Back Me Up subscription.For example, let’s say that someone had booked a trip a few months in advance andthen heard that there wasn’t enough snow to go skiing at their chosen resort. Theycouldn’t take out your Back Me Up subscription a week before the trip and make avalid claim for the disruption.'

Now I was thinking to renew my backmeup - it defaulted last month hence was auto cancelled; so have to get a new account but im confused why you wont cover me re. travel insurance; its not that im buying travel insurance now as i think its going to snow or something in abroad; its only because i bought my ticket last minute yesterday? Can you clarify this... pls?

• Hi @snoopydoopy121, please can you confirm what your question is?

Have you already booked a holiday and now would like to take out BMU insurance?

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @snoopydoopy121, please can you confirm what your question is?

Have you already booked a holiday and now would like to take out BMU insurance?

Thanks,
    Dani

• Yes Dani - but I bought my ticket on Friday and your policy wording says you won't cover if flight is going in the next 14 days? confused?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Dani_1 Yes Dani - but I bought my ticket on Friday and your policy wording says you won't cover if flight is going in the next 14 days? confused?
  • Yes Dani - but I bought my ticket on Friday and your policy wording says you won't cover if flight is going in the next 14 days? confused?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Dani_1 Yes Dani - but I bought my ticket on Friday and your policy wording says you won't cover if flight is going in the next 14 days? confused?

• Hi @snoopydoopy121, that wording only refers to advanced sports - for example skiing.

If you are just going on a holiday and not doing any winter sports for example BMU will cover you.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @snoopydoopy121, that wording only refers to advanced sports - for example skiing.

If you are just going on a holiday and not doing any winter sports for example BMU will cover you.

Thanks,
    Dani

• hi Dani_01. Just bought the stuff x3 core including insurance.
    However, there is no place to inform you about my trip which starts in two days (normally i have to say where i am going and what dates when i buy insurance). Do i have to do this for my travel insurance to activate, and tell you the dates?

- - - Updated - - -

hi @Dani_01 Just bought the stuff x3 core including insurance.
    However, there is no place to inform you about my trip which starts in two days (normally i have to say where i am going and what dates when i buy insurance). Do i have to do this for my travel insurance to activate, and tell you the dates?
  • hi Dani_01. Just bought the stuff x3 core including insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

hi @Dani_01 Just bought the stuff x3 core including insurance.

• Hi @snoopydoopy,

That's great to hear! As it works like an annual insurance policy you don't need to tell us any of this information up front. However, in the event of a claim we would then ask for all that information.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @snoopydoopy,

That's great to hear! As it works like an annual insurance policy you don't need to tell us any of this information up front. However, in the event of a claim we would then ask for all that information.

Thanks,
    Dani