• Camera

Hi, I have the stuffx3 cover. One item is my camera body + lens. I stuck them in together, as they were bought as a package for around £1250. However, bought separately they sell at £1560.

I have three questions.

1. Given that their combined value is more than £1000, I'm wondering if the body and the lens should be covered separately - even if they were purchased together as a package.

2. Should I need to make a claim in future and the package deal were no longer available, would I be able to claim for the separate items at their higher price (ie, Camera body:£760 + lens:£800 = £1560) even if they were purchased as a package?

3. Photo guidelines seem to have changed since I joined. Are the ones in my file still valid?

Many thanks!

Lorraine
    Best answers below
  • Hi, I have the stuffx3 cover. One item is my camera body + lens. I stuck them in together, as they were bought as a package for around £1250. However, bought separately they sell at £1560.

I have three questions.

1. Given that their combined value is more than £1000, I'm wondering if the body and the lens should be covered separately - even if they were purchased together as a package.

2. Should I need to make a claim in future and the package deal were no longer available, would I be able to claim for the separate items at their higher price (ie, Camera body:£760 + lens:£800 = £1560) even if they were purchased as a package?

3. Photo guidelines seem to have changed since I joined. Are the ones in my file still valid?

Many thanks!

Lorraine
    Best answers below

• Best Answer

Hi @Lorraine,

The way BMU works is that you are covered up to a certain maximum limit depending on what level of 'stuff' you have.

If you have stuff x3 you will be covered for a maximum claim limit of £3000 per claim (you are allowed up to 3 claims a year).

So if you were claiming for your camera and lens and nothing else in one claim, then you would be covered up to £3000. However, if you were making a claim for three items for example that came to more than £3000, you would only be covered up to £3000.

Hopefully that makes sense?

In terms of photos I will check with the claims team that your photos are okay.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @Lorraine,

The way BMU works is that you are covered up to a certain maximum limit depending on what level of 'stuff' you have.

If you have stuff x3 you will be covered for a maximum claim limit of £3000 per claim (you are allowed up to 3 claims a year).

So if you were claiming for your camera and lens and nothing else in one claim, then you would be covered up to £3000. However, if you were making a claim for three items for example that came to more than £3000, you would only be covered up to £3000.

Hopefully that makes sense?

In terms of photos I will check with the claims team that your photos are okay.

Thanks,
    Dani

• Hi Dani - Thanks for your answer. I think I get it. Is the limit on each separate item in the x3 package £1000? Eg, if you had one item worth £1000, one worth £500 and another worth £1500 (i.e., total value £3000), would you be able to claim for everything or would the third item worth £1500 be limited to a £1000 claim?

Strictly speaking, should the camera body and lens be counted separately as two items? I bought them together in a deal for £1250, but separately they are worth £1560.

Right now, I have a laptop (worth £1100), a phone (worth around £250) and the camera body/lens in my X3 package. I guess I want to know if the claim for the camera/body lens would be limited to £1000 in the event of a claim or if it could all be merged to make up the £3000.

Hope all this makes sense.

Please let me know if the photos I posted last year are in order.

Many thanks,
    Lorraine
  • Hi Dani - Thanks for your answer. I think I get it. Is the limit on each separate item in the x3 package £1000? Eg, if you had one item worth £1000, one worth £500 and another worth £1500 (i.e., total value £3000), would you be able to claim for everything or would the third item worth £1500 be limited to a £1000 claim?

Strictly speaking, should the camera body and lens be counted separately as two items? I bought them together in a deal for £1250, but separately they are worth £1560.

Right now, I have a laptop (worth £1100), a phone (worth around £250) and the camera body/lens in my X3 package. I guess I want to know if the claim for the camera/body lens would be limited to £1000 in the event of a claim or if it could all be merged to make up the £3000.

Hope all this makes sense.

Please let me know if the photos I posted last year are in order.

Many thanks,
    Lorraine

• Hi @Lorraine,

No worries

No, you can choose how you want the £3000 to be distributed between your items if you were to claim for more than one in a single claim. So in your example you would be able to claims for the full value of the three items up to a combined total of £3000.

In the event of any claim, with stuff x3, you would be covered up to £3000.

As the camera and lens were bought together these can be covered as one item - the claims team have checked your photos and these meet our requirements.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @Lorraine,

No worries

No, you can choose how you want the £3000 to be distributed between your items if you were to claim for more than one in a single claim. So in your example you would be able to claims for the full value of the three items up to a combined total of £3000.

In the event of any claim, with stuff x3, you would be covered up to £3000.

As the camera and lens were bought together these can be covered as one item - the claims team have checked your photos and these meet our requirements.

Thanks,
    Dani

• Thanks, Dani. This answers all my questions. Appreciate the speedy response! Lorraine
  • Thanks, Dani. This answers all my questions. Appreciate the speedy response! Lorraine

• Hi Dani,
    I've just uploaded pictures for my camera and other stuff ; would you mind having a look so I'm sure they are satisfactory? I bought the lens and camera at the same time, but they were not in a "pack".
    Many thanks
    Benjamin
  • Hi Dani,
    I've just uploaded pictures for my camera and other stuff ; would you mind having a look so I'm sure they are satisfactory? I bought the lens and camera at the same time, but they were not in a "pack".
    Many thanks
    Benjamin

• Hey Benjamin - no problems there. They're absolutely fine! Thanks, Woodie, BMU team
  • Hey Benjamin - no problems there. They're absolutely fine! Thanks, Woodie, BMU team