• Second Hand Apple Products

Hi there,

Regarding lost or stolen secondhand items, who is your retailer for replacement of secondhand apple products?? I am aware there is coverage for secondhand items and gadgets up to a certain amount depending on cover, yet, I am interested in how they are valued if there is no proof of purchase, only proof of ownership? E.G. Gifted a second hand apple iphone; valued around £250 at the time. With no proof of purchase, would you attempt to replace with a refurbished iphone equal in spec and value? With only proof of ownership, how are you able to value you this? By the specs of the phone? Do you have a refurbished apple retailer?

Thanks,

Octagon
  • Hi there,

Regarding lost or stolen secondhand items, who is your retailer for replacement of secondhand apple products?? I am aware there is coverage for secondhand items and gadgets up to a certain amount depending on cover, yet, I am interested in how they are valued if there is no proof of purchase, only proof of ownership? E.G. Gifted a second hand apple iphone; valued around £250 at the time. With no proof of purchase, would you attempt to replace with a refurbished iphone equal in spec and value? With only proof of ownership, how are you able to value you this? By the specs of the phone? Do you have a refurbished apple retailer?

Thanks,

Octagon

• Hi @octagonal,

Good question - I am looking into this for you

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @octagonal,

Good question - I am looking into this for you

Thanks,
    Dani

• Hi @octagonal,

We will always look to put our customers back into the position they were in before the loss occurred.

For example if our customer had an iPhone 6, they would get an iPhone 6 back. We would try to match the storage and specifications as best we can, but if that make or model is no longer available it would be the closest equivalent again based off specifications.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @octagonal,

We will always look to put our customers back into the position they were in before the loss occurred.

For example if our customer had an iPhone 6, they would get an iPhone 6 back. We would try to match the storage and specifications as best we can, but if that make or model is no longer available it would be the closest equivalent again based off specifications.

Thanks,
    Dani