• Insurance

Hello,

I have a question more for camera experts along side BackMeUp insurance. I have my camera added as one of my gadgets including correct photos so if anything happened it should be insured. If it needs repairing, can the cost be covered by the BackMeUp? I have a Panasonic GH4 and there is a spot on the sensor and cannot be removed by any professional sensor cleaner, I have paid out on 2 occasions and now have reported the camera fault to the manufacturer to see if they can repair. Again can the cost be covered by BackMeUp?

Many Thanks
  • Hello,

I have a question more for camera experts along side BackMeUp insurance. I have my camera added as one of my gadgets including correct photos so if anything happened it should be insured. If it needs repairing, can the cost be covered by the BackMeUp? I have a Panasonic GH4 and there is a spot on the sensor and cannot be removed by any professional sensor cleaner, I have paid out on 2 occasions and now have reported the camera fault to the manufacturer to see if they can repair. Again can the cost be covered by BackMeUp?

Many Thanks

• Hi @bensmall10k,

If the fault is a mechanical fault, and by the sounds of it it is if you have logged with the manufacturer then BMU would not cover this.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @bensmall10k,

If the fault is a mechanical fault, and by the sounds of it it is if you have logged with the manufacturer then BMU would not cover this.

Thanks,
    Dani