• How do I reinstate my policy without stating all over again?

An auto-payment didn’t got through as my card account didn’t have a balance on it at the time. I added extra funds and presumed Backmeup would try and charge the card again, later (other services do this well). Seems my policy was cancelled instead, so I now need to reinstate it.

Logging on, I now need to re-upload all my photos. This isn’t possible as I’m currently abroad and don’t have access to everything (not to mention the unnecessary difficulty).

Thoughts?
  • An auto-payment didn’t got through as my card account didn’t have a balance on it at the time. I added extra funds and presumed Backmeup would try and charge the card again, later (other services do this well). Seems my policy was cancelled instead, so I now need to reinstate it.

Logging on, I now need to re-upload all my photos. This isn’t possible as I’m currently abroad and don’t have access to everything (not to mention the unnecessary difficulty).

Thoughts?

• Hi @aarongillett,

We attempted to take payment from you which failed, and then we emailed you explaining you need to log back in to your account and pay via your profile.

Yes, if you are reinstating your policy you would need to upload new photos of your items. This is to adhere to photo guidelines and ensure that all items being put back on cover have not been damaged in the time between the cover ending and new cover starting.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @aarongillett,

We attempted to take payment from you which failed, and then we emailed you explaining you need to log back in to your account and pay via your profile.

Yes, if you are reinstating your policy you would need to upload new photos of your items. This is to adhere to photo guidelines and ensure that all items being put back on cover have not been damaged in the time between the cover ending and new cover starting.

Thanks,
    Dani