• Drone insured from July - you just cancelled my policy!

Really upset by this.

Got an email last week saying that my back me up insurance payment was due. I ignored it as I am paying monthly by automatic payment.

Today got an email saying that my policy was cancelled!

Now I realise what happened. My credit card was cancelled because of fraud recently - only just got my new card through the post.

When back me up tried to take payment obviously it has been held up because the card was cancelled.

I phoned today to speak to someone to sort it out and he basically told me that I was out of luck! He refused to reinstate the insurance even after I explained what had happened.

So 1 week notice... then policy cancelled... and even though i contacted you the same day I realised there was a problem i am being turned away.

Hope someone can sort this out - seems pretty unfair.
  • Really upset by this.

Got an email last week saying that my back me up insurance payment was due. I ignored it as I am paying monthly by automatic payment.

Today got an email saying that my policy was cancelled!

Now I realise what happened. My credit card was cancelled because of fraud recently - only just got my new card through the post.

When back me up tried to take payment obviously it has been held up because the card was cancelled.

I phoned today to speak to someone to sort it out and he basically told me that I was out of luck! He refused to reinstate the insurance even after I explained what had happened.

So 1 week notice... then policy cancelled... and even though i contacted you the same day I realised there was a problem i am being turned away.

Hope someone can sort this out - seems pretty unfair.

• Hi @gwheeler,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy. However, unfortunately we won't be able to put your back onto your previous policy. We did give you 7 days notice and we didn't hear anything from you, therefore we had to cancel your policy.

You are still able to re-instate your policy if you wish, but please note this would be a new contract on the latest terms and conditions which excludes drone insurance.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @gwheeler,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy. However, unfortunately we won't be able to put your back onto your previous policy. We did give you 7 days notice and we didn't hear anything from you, therefore we had to cancel your policy.

You are still able to re-instate your policy if you wish, but please note this would be a new contract on the latest terms and conditions which excludes drone insurance.

Thanks,
    Dani

• That's terrible Dani.

You know fine well i can't reinstate the policy as I only needed it for the drone.

What happened in the other thread where someone said they had difficulty getting in touch with you due to being on holiday and you told them you would sort it out? Why one rule for them and different for others?

Very disappointed with customer service here.
  • That's terrible Dani.

You know fine well i can't reinstate the policy as I only needed it for the drone.

What happened in the other thread where someone said they had difficulty getting in touch with you due to being on holiday and you told them you would sort it out? Why one rule for them and different for others?

Very disappointed with customer service here.

• Hi @gwheeler,

We aim to offer the best possible customer service at all times, and we're sorry you feel disappointed with the service you've received.

Unfortunately we can't share details of other customer cases.

The payment process is the same for all customers. We attempt to take payment, if this fails we attempt a second time. If this also fails we notify the customer via email that they have 7 days to log-in to their account and make a payment, otherwise the policy will be cancelled. If no payment is received by the end of the 7th day, we will cancel the policy and notify the customer of this.

If the customer then wishes to reinstate their policy, they would be entering into a new contract with BMU along with the latest terms and conditions of that policy.

As explained on the home page of the community, we are unable to handle complaints on this forum. However, we want to reassure you we do take complaints seriously and so have a formal complaints process which can be found here.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @gwheeler,

We aim to offer the best possible customer service at all times, and we're sorry you feel disappointed with the service you've received.

Unfortunately we can't share details of other customer cases.

The payment process is the same for all customers. We attempt to take payment, if this fails we attempt a second time. If this also fails we notify the customer via email that they have 7 days to log-in to their account and make a payment, otherwise the policy will be cancelled. If no payment is received by the end of the 7th day, we will cancel the policy and notify the customer of this.

If the customer then wishes to reinstate their policy, they would be entering into a new contract with BMU along with the latest terms and conditions of that policy.

As explained on the home page of the community, we are unable to handle complaints on this forum. However, we want to reassure you we do take complaints seriously and so have a formal complaints process which can be found here.

Thanks,
    Dani

• Thanks Dani.

i will indeed go through your official complaints scheme for what it is worth - but my overall impression is that the company is so keen to get drone insured customers off the books that they are going out of their way to make it difficult.

I am also really concerned that the thread relating to the other customer has been deleted from the forum so we can no longer see it.

They basically described a very similar scenario to myself (policy inadvertently shut down because of a problem with card payment).

In their case you said you would fix their issue... in mine you tell me tough luck. That really isn't right.

Why has the thread been deleted? Ans why do you help some customers who had issues with card payments and not others?
  • Thanks Dani.

i will indeed go through your official complaints scheme for what it is worth - but my overall impression is that the company is so keen to get drone insured customers off the books that they are going out of their way to make it difficult.

I am also really concerned that the thread relating to the other customer has been deleted from the forum so we can no longer see it.

They basically described a very similar scenario to myself (policy inadvertently shut down because of a problem with card payment).

In their case you said you would fix their issue... in mine you tell me tough luck. That really isn't right.

Why has the thread been deleted? Ans why do you help some customers who had issues with card payments and not others?

• Hi @gwheeler,

Unfortunately as mentioned previously we are unable to handle complaints on this forum and therefore we would direct you to our complaints process.

We can however confirm that the process applied following a payment failure is the same for all customers irrespective of the items they have on cover on their subscription.

We have checked and the previous post being referred to is still available on the community.

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @gwheeler,

Unfortunately as mentioned previously we are unable to handle complaints on this forum and therefore we would direct you to our complaints process.

We can however confirm that the process applied following a payment failure is the same for all customers irrespective of the items they have on cover on their subscription.

We have checked and the previous post being referred to is still available on the community.

Thanks,
    Dani

• Sorry Dani - I just can't find it.

There was a post from someone detailing their drone cover being cancelled due to non -payment / how they were having trouble sorting it out abroad and asking for help... then you saying to check a PM as you had sorted something out.

I can't see it now, so thought it had been deleted. Maybe you could post a link as i would like to use it as evidence as part of my complaint?

Cheers.
  • Sorry Dani - I just can't find it.

There was a post from someone detailing their drone cover being cancelled due to non -payment / how they were having trouble sorting it out abroad and asking for help... then you saying to check a PM as you had sorted something out.

I can't see it now, so thought it had been deleted. Maybe you could post a link as i would like to use it as evidence as part of my complaint?

Cheers.

• Hi @gwheeler,

Sorry to hear you couldn't find it, the link is below

https://community.backmeup.co.uk/thr...one)-cancelled

Thanks,
    Dani
  • Hi @gwheeler,

Sorry to hear you couldn't find it, the link is below

https://community.backmeup.co.uk/thr...one)-cancelled

Thanks,
    Dani

• Thanks Dani.