• Payback or replacement

Hello all,

in the T&C for "my stuff" cover, it says that in case of damage or theft either you will be compensated via replacement or payment for the item value, but doesn't specify the criteria on which either of the two options are applied.
    As i would not want my brand new phone to be replaced with repaired phone, it's quiet a critical piece of info to have.
    Does anybody know?

thank you
  • Hello all,

in the T&C for "my stuff" cover, it says that in case of damage or theft either you will be compensated via replacement or payment for the item value, but doesn't specify the criteria on which either of the two options are applied.
    As i would not want my brand new phone to be replaced with repaired phone, it's quiet a critical piece of info to have.
    Does anybody know?

thank you

• Hi @Manida85,

If the claim is for Loss or theft you would get a brand new item.

If the claim is for accidental damage and the item cannot be repaired, as per our policy wording we would aim to replace with a refurbished item.

With regards to replacement v payment for the item, please see below

For loss or theft, as per our current policy wording we would aim to replace an item on a like for like basis with a brand new one. The decision on whether we issue the cash value or send you a replacement item will be established at point of claim and is ultimately a decision we will make as the insurer. But either way, providing the claim is validated, you will be put into a position where you either have a physical replacement or the monitory value to replace it yourself, less any policy excess.

Accidental damage is slightly different. First of all, we will try and repair the item. If the item cannot be repaired or the cost of the repairs exceeds the value of a refurbished replacement, we will settle in line with the value of a refurbished item. This is stated on page 8 of our current policy wording.

Thanks,
  • Hi @Manida85,

If the claim is for Loss or theft you would get a brand new item.

If the claim is for accidental damage and the item cannot be repaired, as per our policy wording we would aim to replace with a refurbished item.

With regards to replacement v payment for the item, please see below

For loss or theft, as per our current policy wording we would aim to replace an item on a like for like basis with a brand new one. The decision on whether we issue the cash value or send you a replacement item will be established at point of claim and is ultimately a decision we will make as the insurer. But either way, providing the claim is validated, you will be put into a position where you either have a physical replacement or the monitory value to replace it yourself, less any policy excess.

Accidental damage is slightly different. First of all, we will try and repair the item. If the item cannot be repaired or the cost of the repairs exceeds the value of a refurbished replacement, we will settle in line with the value of a refurbished item. This is stated on page 8 of our current policy wording.

Thanks,