• cover for an expensive coffee maker

Hi,
    I'm currently insured for 2 drones and am looking for a good value breakdown warranty for my Krups EA9010 8 Cups Coffee Maker.
    Sounds silly but the machine costs about £1000.
    I'm currently paying £10.99, the monthly price for 2 items on flex cover.

1. Is backup a good choice for breakdown cover for my coffee machine?
    2. Taking on a 3rd item, will this affect my 'locked-in' monthly price. I see that 3 items costs £15.99 a month.
    An extra £5 for the 3rd item is fair, considering the potential cost to repair the coffee machine.

Thanks
    Adrian
  • Hi,
    I'm currently insured for 2 drones and am looking for a good value breakdown warranty for my Krups EA9010 8 Cups Coffee Maker.
    Sounds silly but the machine costs about £1000.
    I'm currently paying £10.99, the monthly price for 2 items on flex cover.

1. Is backup a good choice for breakdown cover for my coffee machine?
    2. Taking on a 3rd item, will this affect my 'locked-in' monthly price. I see that 3 items costs £15.99 a month.
    An extra £5 for the 3rd item is fair, considering the potential cost to repair the coffee machine.

Thanks
    Adrian

• Hey @Adrian4139

That sounds like a very fancy coffee machine- nice!

Unfortunately, BMU doesn't cover items for mechanical failure/ wear and tear etc. A warranty would have to be from the manufacturer.
    You can cover it here though for theft and accidental damage?
  • Hey @Adrian4139

That sounds like a very fancy coffee machine- nice!

Unfortunately, BMU doesn't cover items for mechanical failure/ wear and tear etc. A warranty would have to be from the manufacturer.
    You can cover it here though for theft and accidental damage?

• Thanks smileyharry, Gonna have to dig deeper in my pocket and spend about £80 to insure it. Worth it if it breaks down though.
    Cheers
    Adrian.
  • Thanks smileyharry, Gonna have to dig deeper in my pocket and spend about £80 to insure it. Worth it if it breaks down though.
    Cheers
    Adrian.